Monday 18 February 2013

and the WINNER is...

I've got to say, that was a lot of fun having a little competition here on the blog! 
Many of you were very keen to get your hands on this lovely set of crochet hooks!

I can't say I blame you! I just wish I could send each and everyone of you a set.  Then again, that would be a little too easy and there would be no fun in having a competition. 

I was swamped with guesses as to how many beads I had in my jar. Some people were very close with their guesses, others were way off the mark! :-)
Shall I put you out of your misery and tell you how many beads were in the jam jar?



A couple of people actually guessed the correct amount, so clever! However, the FIRST person to guess the correct amount was the lovely Juniperjune from Long Beach California!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm quite excited by the fact these hooks will be making such a big journey!

Well done to everybody who entered and of course to our lovely sponsors at loveknitting.com for generously donating the hooks!


I really enjoyed that! We will have to have another giveaway sometime soon :-)
I'll be back in a few days with something yummy to share, see you soon!

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Juniperjune!
    And I love the hooks so much I'm going to order some from the website, so thank you for sharing them with us all Matt!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Congratulations Juniperjune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess was 420! 0.0
    Congrats to JuniperJune!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Juniperjune with these adorable crochet hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to the winner!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun competition Matt! .....I was wondering though, we were meant to count the beads ....did that include the buttons too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winner but I soooo wish it was me!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the winner !! Please tell us what will be your first project with the new hooks ??
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Juniperjune, and thanks again Matt for hosting this fun give away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to enter the comp, but there were hundreds in it already! But, I did go and look at Loveknitting.com's lovely site, found exactly the knit-pro needles I wanted, got them ordered, and got them in the post, all the way to Scotland, this very day!
    Congrats to Juniperjune, well done as I was going to guess something like 361 - waaaaaaay out x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Matt!! a mi también me encantó participar! y vaya que andaba lejos de la cantidad exacta ji,ji,ji....felicidades al ganador! se lleva un estupendo regalo
    espero y hayas disfrutado de la visita de tu familia, tengo curiosidad por saber que publicaras en la nueva entrada! ok cuidate un saludo desde Chihuahua Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matt, I want to thank you because you have such a good taste. The hook collection was really beautiful. I have a couple of these and is a pleasure to crochet with them. Looking forward to participate to your next giveaway!

    ReplyDelete